Saturday, March 03, 2007

Harvie Krumpet



And finally, we end with Harvie Krumpet, an Oscar-winner and a classic.

Written and directed by Adam Elliot and narrated by Geoffrey Rush, Harvie Krumpet is a man cursed with perpetual bad luck. Yet, through all of his travails, Harvie still manages to get the most out of his meager life.

SIDE NOTE - Adam Elliot's story is pretty amazing. (Here's the official website.) Adam was born with a physiological tremor and he shakes more than most people in that condition, which is still hard for me to fathom. Adam said in his press kit, "Because animation is all about intricacy, this means my models are bigger. They’re designed to make it a lot easier for me to move them. My condition has actually fed into my style – my characters look the way they do because of my disorder and it's also why my drawings are wobbly, with very few straight lines."

Wow. Just incredible.

-MM

3 comments:

Mim said...

I loved that. It was sweet and funny: an excellent combination.

Mystery Man said...

It has a slow burn to it, as well, doesn't it? It's quite tender.

-MM

GimmeABreak said...

Sounded like it incorporated several of the narrator's characteristics (fondness for nudity and smoking are the two I noticed).